Friday, October 1, 2010

Day 93: And We Continue...

Man. What a month. September, you did me right. October, I hope you follow suit.

6:15AM. Quiet here on the base. Most people are sleeping, but I've gotten in the habit of getting up earlier than I normally would because this is the time where I can usually catch someone I miss on Skype and we can say hello. She's six hours ahead of me (London) and just moved into her new flat so there is no internet set up there yet. She has to be at school to get online, and midday for her usually involves a break where she can take some personal time. I'm pretty drowsy at the moment, but the coffee is out, and I'm slowly sipping a cup. I can't afford to be out of it today - lots of stuff to do.

As those of you who have been following this blog since the beginning know, it was very shortly after I got here (about a week) that I was tapped to get involved in the biosand filter project. Since then, it has been a lot of preparation - a week-long course in Pierre Payen being trained on everything biosand filter, then two weeks back here at base setting up the BSF (biosand filter) worksite out back, then putting together educational materials...

Note - never finished this post. Things got a bit busy, as they tend to do around here...

No comments:

Post a Comment